5-pack pilot instruction trial
If you are unsure about learning to fly gliders, you can take a 5-pack of instructional flights. These flights are identical to those you will take as a regular student, and the time is counted toward qualifying for a Transport Canada glider pilot's license.
The cost covers the aerotow launch and glider rental for your first five lessons. At the end of your five lessons, you decide whether to join the club to continue your training. You must join during the current gliding season, or the following season for a purchase made after August 31. All lessons must be taken in the current season.
|Credit||$200 credit is applied to your account when you join the club.|
|The 5-pack is available to new members only.|
The 5-pack may be withdrawn at any time. This is likely to happen at periods when student numbers are high.
Annual membership fees
|To July 31||
|Rideau Valley Soaring||SAC||Total||Rideau Valley Soaring||SAC||Total|
- Members aged 19 to 21 inclusive, or to age 25 if a student in full time attendance at an accredited post-secondary learning institution at the start of the membership year.
- Youth includes air cadets and other members 18 years of age and under at the start of the membership year.
- Married partner, common-law partner, conjugal partner.
- mid year
- Mid year membership is payable from August 1 and is available to NEW MEMBERS only.
- The Soaring Association of Canada is an amateur sports organisation. Official tax receipts are issued by SAC and distributed with your membership card.
- Self launch
- Available to owners of self-launch gliders who wish to operate from RVSS. This category of membership excludes use of club gliders or the tow plane for any reason. The club's facilities and ground handling equipment such as lawn tractors may be used.
Discount flight packages
A one-time fee that reduces or eliminates the hourly rental rate of all the club gliders.
|Ab Initios||Solo or licenced||Private owner|
|Without package||With package|
|Aircraft||$ / hr||Max charge per flight||$ / hr||Max charge per flight|
- $ / hr
- Flight time is charged per-minute.
- Max charge per flight
- Charges are capped at three hours for flights of longer duration.
- An overtime charge of $1.14/minute (at the discretion of the field manager) will be levied for weekend flights that exceed 1 hour in duration if there is a queue for the glider. An in-flight radio call can clear the pilot for extra time.
Launch fees (release height above ground)
There is a $10 hookup fee and a charge of $1.40 per hundred feet. The tow pilot records your release altitude.
|Hookup||Cost per 100 ft||Total|